Skip to main content

A Few Hyperlinks: Man United vs. Chelsea pt. 2

Almost all the previews are in. Almost all of them DON'T have Ross Barkley understand it. But I'm not going to talk too much about that today, because that's what I talked about in the last post.

I guess at least one outlet predicts Ross Barkley will start. Gotta love "football.london." That's where I go for all my footballing news.

In related news, I'm drinking black tea mixed with almond milk right now. It's my second cup of the day. Out of solidarity for Christian Pulisic and his new surroundings, I have completely stricken coffee from my diet, at least for the next three hours. Christian, as the last day dawns before your first ever match in the Premier League, we are thinking of you. You will probably start tomorrow. If you don't start, you will at least definitely play. You've been waiting for this day your whole life. The whole world has been waiting (in Buddhism each person is essentially the world; conversely, I could consider myself the whole world).

Anyway, N'golo Kante. Little known fact about N'golo Kante, courtesy of Wikipedia: When Kante played for Boulogne at the beginning of his career, he commuted to training by scooter. Good for him. In the world of Neymars and Cristiano Ronaldos and other crybabies, it's good to see a guy who remains down to earth. Or down to England. Or down to London. Or down to West London.

In mildly related news, has anyone ever walked from Hyde Park to Stamford Bridge? I think I want to start a pilgrimage called the "Camino de Stamford," much like the Camino de Santiago in Spain, a 500-mile walk from the border with France ending in Santiago de Compostela. I DID the walk back in 2014. It took me 33 days. But the question I have is: If I leave my house in Seattle and start walking to Stamford Bridge, how many days will it take me? Will I get eaten by wolves in Canada? Will I be able to row or swim across the Atlantic? Will I accidentally become a helicopter pilot in Greenland?

These are questions that plague me.

Random image of Puli in Chelsea kit:
Embed from Getty Images

So here's my question for all of you out there who are getting excited for the game tomorrow: Who will start at the number 9 position? Will it be Tammy Abraham? Will it be Olivier Giroud? Or will it be someone else? Also: Will Mason Mount start?

Please leave your comments in the comments section.

Ideally, here's what happens tomorrow: Pulisic at some point blows by Harry Maguire and slots it into the left corner of the net. Or the right corner! As long as the word "slot" is able to be used, I'm OK with whatever happens.

The match starts at 8:30am. I will be up by 7:59am, waiting for the preview, shaking. I will pour myself multiple cups of tea. I will pour anyone around me cups of tea and demand that they drink them or quit my presence. At approximately 8:29am I will commence shouting at no one in particular. Also around this time I will start singing whatever national anthems spring to mind. I will sing the Canadian national anthem poorly. When the players trot onto the field I will attempt to contain myself and fail. I will resist the urge to distract myself by pouring scalding water onto my hands.

Matchday 1. Tomorrow.

Let's go Blues. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian Pulisic injury and the real reason he's so good

Apparently Christian Pulisic is injured. Which I find interesting, because how can you injure someone whose flesh and blood are not of this world? To injure Christian Pulisic you'd have to touch him, and I've seen what happens when defenders try to touch Christian Pulisic. Generally the ball goes through their legs or they fall down or, in the rare cases when they do lay a by comparison leprous arm on him, they concede some kind of free kick in a dangerous era. So I don't know about this supposed shin injury. And if he is injured, I doubt it happened on the pitch. I bet Isak was playing a prank on him or something like that. Maybe Aubameyang. But I'd bet dollars to proverbial donuts he's not actually injured. His presence was of course missed on the field against Wolfsburg yesterday, though his replacement, Jadon Sancho, killed it. I didn't know Jadon Sancho was that good. I'd seen him his first time on the field, but that was only a few minutes. I sinc

A Letter to Allah or Jesus Concerning Christian Pulisic

It's been a long time since I posted anything. The reason for this is because I moved to Guadalajara, Mexico, and things have been kind of weird. I'm barely surviving. I'm teaching English classes for a painfully low amount. And I don't really know how it's going to change in the next few days, though I know something needs to change. BUT JESUS FUCKING SHIT, ENOUGH ABOUT ME, LET'S TALK ABOUT CHRISTIAN FUCKING PULISIC. So, I never talked about this "dunk": Don't forget, Christian Pulisic is 5'8" 😳 (via @cpulisic_10 ) pic.twitter.com/FfQw1kWOGP — Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) January 2, 2018 And the reason I didn't talk about it is because I don't really care. But one thing I will say is that I don't really believe it. Which is a little bit crazy, since Pulisic confirmed in a video the other day that the rim was indeed 10 feet. That's the part I don't really believe. Because it doesn't look like he j

Pulisic Makes Bryan Ruiz Look like a Nerd

Friends, friends, friends. I made it to Germany. I'm drinking instant coffee in my Air Bnb which is just a hop skip and a triple jump away from the illustrious city of Mainz, where Dortmund will be playing next Tuesday. I'm excited. Barring injury (tap on wood; chainsaw), Pulisic SHOULD PLAY IN THIS GAME. He might not start. But he should at least play. Though lately he's been STARTING EVERY DAMN GAME because he's a FUCKING ANIMAL. AHSDJFJADSKFJDASKFJDSFKDSJFKDSJFDKJD. (I don't handle caffeine well). Quick side note: This Air Bnb is amazing. This town is amazing. My German is about an A2/B1 but I've spoken only German since I've gotten here, since the hostess is from Kosovo and doesn't speak English and the other tenant is a Turkish girl whose English is probably about as good as my German but I've been pushing the German pretty hard because I gotta speak it. Other side note: One of my blog posts has over 100 views. Two of them actually. Who