Skip to main content

Leverkusen vs. Dortmund Preview: Pulisic is Due

Tomorrow is the day Dortmund are finally going to turn it all around. Why? Because Peter Bosz is basically going to get sacked no matter what, because nobody expects anything from Dortmund anymore, because people expect the world out of Bayer Leverkusen given their record at home, and for a number of other reasons. And I might as well give you those reasons: Gotze is out injured, Aubameyang is going to miss the game with a red card, Marc Bartra apparently doesn't know how to play defense, and Dortmund has played horrible second halves lately while Bayer have played incredible second halves. I think that's about it.

All of this has coincided with what one article called a "curse" for Pulisic that's existed since the US failed to qualify for the World Cup. I have just one thing to say about that: Fuck the World Cup. For now. The US was such a bad team, with so many underperforming players, that it was awful to watch them and they didn't deserve to go to the World Cup. I don't want to watch Michael Bradley play ever again, let alone on the world's biggest stage. I don't need to see Jozy Altidore or Graham Zusi. When I watch the US again, I want to see Kellyn Acosta and Weston McKennie and Haji Wright and Josh Sergeant and...that's about it. I want to see anyone young and full of passion instead of a bunch of apathetic old men.

Oh yeah, and I also want to see Christian Pulisic.

BUT ANYWAY, back to the Leverkusen game. Got a little distracted. It happens when you're in Spain and you've been out drinking and you're thinking about all the beautiful Spanish girls you just saw you didn't talk to and will never talk to in your life.

I might need to go out and smoke a cigarette. I'm going to Morocco the day after tomorrow. What do you think about that? What do you think about it? Do you think about it? Do you think about anything?

You know what I would love to see in the game tomorrow? Jadon Sancho or Isak starting at center forward. It won't happen, of course, because Bosz is a jackass, but I would love to see it. Instead Yarmolenko or Philipp will start in center forward, or there won't be a center forward. If Castro starts tomorrow I'm going to drown myself, that's all there is to it.

But BVB are going to win tomorrow. You heard it here first, you heard it here in the middle, and you heard it here last.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian Pulisic injury and the real reason he's so good

Apparently Christian Pulisic is injured. Which I find interesting, because how can you injure someone whose flesh and blood are not of this world? To injure Christian Pulisic you'd have to touch him, and I've seen what happens when defenders try to touch Christian Pulisic. Generally the ball goes through their legs or they fall down or, in the rare cases when they do lay a by comparison leprous arm on him, they concede some kind of free kick in a dangerous era. So I don't know about this supposed shin injury. And if he is injured, I doubt it happened on the pitch. I bet Isak was playing a prank on him or something like that. Maybe Aubameyang. But I'd bet dollars to proverbial donuts he's not actually injured. His presence was of course missed on the field against Wolfsburg yesterday, though his replacement, Jadon Sancho, killed it. I didn't know Jadon Sancho was that good. I'd seen him his first time on the field, but that was only a few minutes. I sinc

A Letter to Allah or Jesus Concerning Christian Pulisic

It's been a long time since I posted anything. The reason for this is because I moved to Guadalajara, Mexico, and things have been kind of weird. I'm barely surviving. I'm teaching English classes for a painfully low amount. And I don't really know how it's going to change in the next few days, though I know something needs to change. BUT JESUS FUCKING SHIT, ENOUGH ABOUT ME, LET'S TALK ABOUT CHRISTIAN FUCKING PULISIC. So, I never talked about this "dunk": Don't forget, Christian Pulisic is 5'8" 😳 (via @cpulisic_10 ) pic.twitter.com/FfQw1kWOGP — Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) January 2, 2018 And the reason I didn't talk about it is because I don't really care. But one thing I will say is that I don't really believe it. Which is a little bit crazy, since Pulisic confirmed in a video the other day that the rim was indeed 10 feet. That's the part I don't really believe. Because it doesn't look like he j

Pulisic's Form in 2018, Performance Against Hannover 96

Christian Pulisic played OK against Hannover. Not great. And actually maybe a little bit above OK. Because did you see that nutmeg pass he did? I did too. And I shivered slightly when he did it, such was emotion that overcame me. (I'm trying to find a video of it on Twitter and apparently it doesn't exist. I could possibly do it myself but that would require watching the entire game over again, which I don't want to do). Dortmund don't play again until March 31st against Bayern Munich, and it will be interesting to see if Pulisic starts. Last time Dortmund played Bayern Munich Pulisic was the best player on the field and did something to Arjan Robben from which I imagine Robben's still recovering emotionally. Marc Bartra's golazo against Bayern Munich has been named Bundesliga's goal of the month for November. What a strike it was!!! 👏👏👏 #BVB pic.twitter.com/2ZKgyPEKEX — BVB Buzz (@BVBBuzz) December 8, 2017 It's not that I have anything ag