Skip to main content

Indigestion, Weston McKennie Is a God, and Torn Calf Fibers

Hello friends and lovers,

And welcome to another rambling post from yours truly, Mark Thomas, dictator for life here at Straight Outta Hershey, the only damn blog in the damn universe dedicated to the one and only Christian Pulisic.

So I'm sitting in my Airbnb in Vienna, Austria right now, drinking a Turkish tea that the girl whose apartment this is made. Of course it's making me feel nauseous since I'm drinking it on an empty stomach. And now I've just switched the keyboard over to US English, which means the y and z keys are back where they're supposed to be, and this is contributing to my upset stomach. To top it all off I have dandruff. And my stomach is messed up from a weird doner I ate the other day. Or possibly some Tom Kha Gai soup. I'm not sure which one. But I'm in Vienna, and today I start level B1.2 of my intensive German course. Hell yeah. Intensive German. I hope there are some cuties in my class. I've sent about 20 messages on okcupid and gotten zero responses so far. Screw the new okcupid. Do I look like a goblin? I hope not.

If you're a Pulisic fan you've probably already heard the news, and if you haven't heard the news you're not a Pulisic fan, and if you're not a Pulisic fan it's hard for me to imagine what conceivable reasons you have for getting up in the morning. Christian Pulisic is injured. Yes, you heard it hear last, Christian Pulisic is injured. The reason it's taken me so long to post about it is this blog is not a news site. We're not about having the latest Christian Pulisic info. Other sites do that much better, like Fear the Wall and Goal.com. I actually write, or wrote, for Fear the Wall, but I haven't written for them in a long time. This is because when I write things for them I get nervous, it takes the fun out of writing, so I figure better to just write here.

Pulisic apparently has torn fibers in his calf. Whatever that means. So vague. Two torn fibers, or is he walking around with half his calf muscle ripped off, aka not walking? This is what I'd like to know, but I haven't been able to glean any more information. One thing that's a little weird: Christian's been injured right before the last two international breaks. Is this some conspiracy where Dortmund doesn't want him flying back to the US. Definitely not, since Christian is probably super bummed to have missed out on the all the awesome goal scoring and things like the Champions League and the cracker versus Augsburg. 

So Christian might be playing again against Stuttgart on the 20th, but maybe not. Meanwhile, as soon as Christian got injured, every other American in the Bundesliga started to catch fire. Weston McKennie scored the game winner against Moscow in the Champions League. And then he scored his first Bundesliga goal against Fortuna Dusseldorf. And then Bobby Wood scored a brace - two headers! - against Stuttgart. It was so good to see Bobby Wood's huge smile after his second goal against Stuttgart. Things haven't been all roses for Bobby Wood over the last year in the Bundesliga, and it's great for him to get that feeling back.


Hopefully this last twitter post works. Since I'm in Austria I can't watch content from Fox, which is OK, since I generally hate Fox, but maybe I'm just thinking of Fox News, which is probably completely different.

So that's it for today's Bundesliga roundup. I'm going to go to the bathroom and probably weep after that Turkish tea, and then head off to sprechen some Deutsch. I've been reading the sixth Harry Potter lately in German and it's actually going pretty well. I understand about 30%, which it turns out is more than enough. Once you know the word for magic wand you're pretty much set. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian Pulisic injury and the real reason he's so good

Apparently Christian Pulisic is injured. Which I find interesting, because how can you injure someone whose flesh and blood are not of this world? To injure Christian Pulisic you'd have to touch him, and I've seen what happens when defenders try to touch Christian Pulisic. Generally the ball goes through their legs or they fall down or, in the rare cases when they do lay a by comparison leprous arm on him, they concede some kind of free kick in a dangerous era. So I don't know about this supposed shin injury. And if he is injured, I doubt it happened on the pitch. I bet Isak was playing a prank on him or something like that. Maybe Aubameyang. But I'd bet dollars to proverbial donuts he's not actually injured. His presence was of course missed on the field against Wolfsburg yesterday, though his replacement, Jadon Sancho, killed it. I didn't know Jadon Sancho was that good. I'd seen him his first time on the field, but that was only a few minutes. I sinc

A Letter to Allah or Jesus Concerning Christian Pulisic

It's been a long time since I posted anything. The reason for this is because I moved to Guadalajara, Mexico, and things have been kind of weird. I'm barely surviving. I'm teaching English classes for a painfully low amount. And I don't really know how it's going to change in the next few days, though I know something needs to change. BUT JESUS FUCKING SHIT, ENOUGH ABOUT ME, LET'S TALK ABOUT CHRISTIAN FUCKING PULISIC. So, I never talked about this "dunk": Don't forget, Christian Pulisic is 5'8" 😳 (via @cpulisic_10 ) pic.twitter.com/FfQw1kWOGP — Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) January 2, 2018 And the reason I didn't talk about it is because I don't really care. But one thing I will say is that I don't really believe it. Which is a little bit crazy, since Pulisic confirmed in a video the other day that the rim was indeed 10 feet. That's the part I don't really believe. Because it doesn't look like he j

Pulisic Makes Bryan Ruiz Look like a Nerd

Friends, friends, friends. I made it to Germany. I'm drinking instant coffee in my Air Bnb which is just a hop skip and a triple jump away from the illustrious city of Mainz, where Dortmund will be playing next Tuesday. I'm excited. Barring injury (tap on wood; chainsaw), Pulisic SHOULD PLAY IN THIS GAME. He might not start. But he should at least play. Though lately he's been STARTING EVERY DAMN GAME because he's a FUCKING ANIMAL. AHSDJFJADSKFJDASKFJDSFKDSJFKDSJFDKJD. (I don't handle caffeine well). Quick side note: This Air Bnb is amazing. This town is amazing. My German is about an A2/B1 but I've spoken only German since I've gotten here, since the hostess is from Kosovo and doesn't speak English and the other tenant is a Turkish girl whose English is probably about as good as my German but I've been pushing the German pretty hard because I gotta speak it. Other side note: One of my blog posts has over 100 views. Two of them actually. Who