Skip to main content

Hopefully Pulisic: A Review of Dortmund vs. Nurnberg

Hey Pulisic fans,

Did Pulisic play soccer yesterday? I don't quite remember. I got up in the morning, went for a long jog, got the kids off to school, and then I just spent the whole rest of the day playing hearts and solitaire on the computer. At around 11:30am ODT time my leg started twitching, and I started breathing heavily, and I think I might've even started speaking in German, or maybe even Danish, but I wrote it off as some of the effects of the two months of sobriety I'm experiencing.

Actually, at approximately that time (more like 11:39am PDT), this was happening:
And of course I was watching it. In fact, I even got a trial subscription to YouTube TV just so I could get Fox Sports 2 and watch the showdown yesterday between Borussia Dortmund and FC Nurnberg. This is the first game of the season I've sat down and watched end to end, since for a lot of the season I've been out of the country in places with questionable internet. And what a rewarding watch it was, at least until it became a ridiculous blowout. Heck, even at that point it was still rewarding. Seeing Julian Weigl score? Excellent. Jadon Sancho showing us another one of his godly first touches? Wonderful. Marco Reus showing us his dance moves for 60 minutes? Yes, please.

But back to the Jacob Bruun Larsen goal, assisted by cha boi. Let's talk about this goal. In fact, scroll up and watch it again. Make sure you have the sound on. Maybe watch four, five times. One thing that kind of annoys me about Fox (and keep in mind I write a blog on the guy) is how hard they jock Pulisic. I'm a Pulisic fan, but first and foremost I'm a soccer fan. So the following must be said: Pulisic's run was gorgeous, and his pass was too, but Jacob Bruun Larsen's finish was OUT OF THIS WORLD. Granted, it was a reaction finish. And often times when we merely react we do things that are much more difficult than if we have time to think about it and calculate. The heat of the moment actually HELPED him here. Not having time helped him. It was a gorgeous finish. Denmark is a beautiful country. Bruun Larsen looks like an ogre. He and Pulisic are friends and give each other the new FIFA every year (he talks about this in the video below). And I love everything.


That's about all I have to say about this game. That run was Pulisic's best moment. He looked good in the game. He will start on Saturday against Bayer. I will be watching once again on YouTube TV. And hopefully Bruun Larsen starts, too. And hopefully Josh Sargent gets his debut against Stuttgart. And hopefully I test into B1 in Austria. And hopefully I find my future wife there. And hopefully I get barreled this year. And hopefully, hopefully, hopefully. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian Pulisic injury and the real reason he's so good

Apparently Christian Pulisic is injured. Which I find interesting, because how can you injure someone whose flesh and blood are not of this world? To injure Christian Pulisic you'd have to touch him, and I've seen what happens when defenders try to touch Christian Pulisic. Generally the ball goes through their legs or they fall down or, in the rare cases when they do lay a by comparison leprous arm on him, they concede some kind of free kick in a dangerous era. So I don't know about this supposed shin injury. And if he is injured, I doubt it happened on the pitch. I bet Isak was playing a prank on him or something like that. Maybe Aubameyang. But I'd bet dollars to proverbial donuts he's not actually injured. His presence was of course missed on the field against Wolfsburg yesterday, though his replacement, Jadon Sancho, killed it. I didn't know Jadon Sancho was that good. I'd seen him his first time on the field, but that was only a few minutes. I sinc

A Letter to Allah or Jesus Concerning Christian Pulisic

It's been a long time since I posted anything. The reason for this is because I moved to Guadalajara, Mexico, and things have been kind of weird. I'm barely surviving. I'm teaching English classes for a painfully low amount. And I don't really know how it's going to change in the next few days, though I know something needs to change. BUT JESUS FUCKING SHIT, ENOUGH ABOUT ME, LET'S TALK ABOUT CHRISTIAN FUCKING PULISIC. So, I never talked about this "dunk": Don't forget, Christian Pulisic is 5'8" 😳 (via @cpulisic_10 ) pic.twitter.com/FfQw1kWOGP — Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) January 2, 2018 And the reason I didn't talk about it is because I don't really care. But one thing I will say is that I don't really believe it. Which is a little bit crazy, since Pulisic confirmed in a video the other day that the rim was indeed 10 feet. That's the part I don't really believe. Because it doesn't look like he j

Pulisic Makes Bryan Ruiz Look like a Nerd

Friends, friends, friends. I made it to Germany. I'm drinking instant coffee in my Air Bnb which is just a hop skip and a triple jump away from the illustrious city of Mainz, where Dortmund will be playing next Tuesday. I'm excited. Barring injury (tap on wood; chainsaw), Pulisic SHOULD PLAY IN THIS GAME. He might not start. But he should at least play. Though lately he's been STARTING EVERY DAMN GAME because he's a FUCKING ANIMAL. AHSDJFJADSKFJDASKFJDSFKDSJFKDSJFDKJD. (I don't handle caffeine well). Quick side note: This Air Bnb is amazing. This town is amazing. My German is about an A2/B1 but I've spoken only German since I've gotten here, since the hostess is from Kosovo and doesn't speak English and the other tenant is a Turkish girl whose English is probably about as good as my German but I've been pushing the German pretty hard because I gotta speak it. Other side note: One of my blog posts has over 100 views. Two of them actually. Who