Skip to main content

Dortmund vs. Hannover preview, Should Pulisic replace Angela Merkel as chancellor of Germany?

Hello Pulisic Fans,

And welcome to the Straight Outta Hershey official preview for the Bundesliga Matchday 10 game between Hannover 96 and Borussia Dortmund. Today's preview will focus heavily on three things: 1) What will happen in the game, 2) What will happen with Christian Pulisic, and 3) Am I moving to Germany?

But first, let's start with a GIF:
I'll give you a moment to collect your jaws off the floor or get the urine out of your boxers or whatever it is you need to do, and then we'll move forward.

....

Good. What's so special about this GIF? The fact that it's really not that special. Pulisic does this kind of stuff all the time. And I love to use italics because they make things so much more dramatic.

But let's get away from Pulisic for just a moment and talk about Borussia Dortmund as a whole. How are they doing? What do they need to improve on? How does the outlook for the next few games look? Will I marry a German girl and spend the rest of my days gardening and eating vollkorn bread?

First of all, the defense, and Peter Bosz's "system," is still displaying massive problems, which could easily be seen in the last games against Leipzig, Apoel Nicosia, and Frankfurt. Did BVB play better against Magdeburg? Maybe. I only watched the first half where they were playing fairly awfully, but it sounds like they got their act together in the second half. People say the game was intense, that Magdeburg is good, and blah blah blah, but let's be real, Magdeburg is a 3rd division team. How much can you really take away from this victory? Results have shown the following: Bosz's system works against crappy teams, and gets destroyed by the good ones. Will he continue to pound a square peg into a round hole against Hannover, Apoel, and Bayern? Will he make changes? Or will the return of players like Schmelzer and Gueirrero make those changes not necessary? Hannover should be very, very telling. But, of course, the match against Bayern on November 4th will be even more telling. Dortmund has failed every "test" so far, against Tottenham, Real Madrid, and most recently against Leipzig.

Now, onto Pulisic. Deep breath, because I get excited and there's so much to talk about and I don't even know what to do or what to say and I'm wearing a BVB shirt right now but it's kinda dirty and I just drank some tea and I'm hyperventilating and oh god oh god will Pulisic start against Hannover and will he finally score again or dribble past some people and score or get an assist and will Auba finally finish one of Pulisic's beautiful passes and what is the meaning of life and what should I seek in this life and why are things so complicated and should I just go to Germany or should I actually move there and should I get tickets to the Tottenham game on November 21st?

Phewwwwwwwwwwwww.

Let's look at another Pulisic GIF and regroup:

OK, so, the official Bundesliga website predicts Pulisic will start alongside Aubameyang and Yarmolenko, but they've gotten pretty much every lineup prediction wrong so far. However, I don't think they'll get this one wrong, since Pulisic didn't start in the last game. Which means he'll either start up on the left in place of Philipp, or up on the right in place of Yarmolenko. What I would LOVE to see Bosz do, and I've spoken of this before, is play Pulisic in a central role, where he's proven deadly. But will Bosz do this? Doubtful.

(Pulisic being deadly in the middle):


What would I like to see from Pulisic in this game? I would like to see him be even more attack minded, and even more selfish. I know some people have a problem with Pulisic when he tries to take on three or four defenders and gives the ball up, and I understand that. When I say selfish I mean taking shots. Pulisic has had the ball on the outside of the 18 countless times this year, and he almost always looks for the pass. What I would like to see him do is take that last step and let it rip (which he has done a couple times, of course). I don't want him to be as selfish as Cristiano Ronaldo, but hey, let's face it, the best goal scorers are pretty selfish.

Predictions? I think it will be a bit like the Magdeburg game. I think BVB will start off a bit slow but then the first goal will open the floodgates. Aubameyang needs to be on his game, and hopefully his recent rest will encourage that. Final score? 4-1, Dortmund.

But for now I have to stop typing. And I also have to pee.

That black tea goes right through you, you know.

See you on Saturday after the match.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian Pulisic injury and the real reason he's so good

Apparently Christian Pulisic is injured. Which I find interesting, because how can you injure someone whose flesh and blood are not of this world? To injure Christian Pulisic you'd have to touch him, and I've seen what happens when defenders try to touch Christian Pulisic. Generally the ball goes through their legs or they fall down or, in the rare cases when they do lay a by comparison leprous arm on him, they concede some kind of free kick in a dangerous era. So I don't know about this supposed shin injury. And if he is injured, I doubt it happened on the pitch. I bet Isak was playing a prank on him or something like that. Maybe Aubameyang. But I'd bet dollars to proverbial donuts he's not actually injured. His presence was of course missed on the field against Wolfsburg yesterday, though his replacement, Jadon Sancho, killed it. I didn't know Jadon Sancho was that good. I'd seen him his first time on the field, but that was only a few minutes. I sinc

A Letter to Allah or Jesus Concerning Christian Pulisic

It's been a long time since I posted anything. The reason for this is because I moved to Guadalajara, Mexico, and things have been kind of weird. I'm barely surviving. I'm teaching English classes for a painfully low amount. And I don't really know how it's going to change in the next few days, though I know something needs to change. BUT JESUS FUCKING SHIT, ENOUGH ABOUT ME, LET'S TALK ABOUT CHRISTIAN FUCKING PULISIC. So, I never talked about this "dunk": Don't forget, Christian Pulisic is 5'8" 😳 (via @cpulisic_10 ) pic.twitter.com/FfQw1kWOGP — Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) January 2, 2018 And the reason I didn't talk about it is because I don't really care. But one thing I will say is that I don't really believe it. Which is a little bit crazy, since Pulisic confirmed in a video the other day that the rim was indeed 10 feet. That's the part I don't really believe. Because it doesn't look like he j

Cha Boi Like to Score Dem Goal Whey He Slice 'N Dice

I know what a lot of you are thinking. You're thinking: Damn, cha boi hasn't scored in a bit. I mean, yeah, he scored against Stuttgart a couple games ago, but that doesn't really count because he wasn't trying. When he gonna do one a dem goals where he dice dem fools den put dee ball in dee back o' dee net? And I'm like, totally. But let's also be honest: Christian Pulisic, as his mortal name goes, hasn't really ever done one of dem goals where he dices fools up and beats a bunch of people and then puts the ball in the back of the net. Usually, after he dices fools, he passes, or misses. But one day, ONE DAY, that slice and dice, amazing dribble run goal will happen. It's the law of averages. It's Murphy's Law. It's the law of attrition. It's the long arm of the law. And maybe -- maybe -- it will happen today against Bayer Leverkusen. I'm not going to lie to you folks because, even though I lie constantly, I rarely like