Skip to main content

Advice Column -- Ask a real Pulisic fan

Dear RPF,

The other day my girlfriend and I got in a fight because she wanted to go out to dinner and I wanted to stay inside and watch the Univision broadcast of the Panama game in Spanish even though we had just finished watching it in English. After some heated comments back and forth she got frustrated, yelled "You're pathetic," and we haven't talked since.

Should I try to win her back?

--Pulisic Fan in Training

Dear PFinT,

This may be hard for you to hear, but the simple answer is no, don't try to win her back. In fact, stay as far away from her as possible, and until you can find a woman who understands your passion for this 19-year-old wunderkind, divide your time between watching highlight videos and taking shots from the top of the 18 with your weak foot. You'll forget about her in no time.

Dear RPF,

The other day at work my boss caught me scrolling through a Pulisic-rich Twitter and also watching various Pulisic highlight videos on YouTube. When he said, "OK, better get back to work now," I pulled a red card out of my wallet and told him to head to the locker room, whereupon he called security.

It looks like I may have lost my job. What's the play here?

--Wannabe Pulisic Fan

Dear WPF,

A red card in that situation might've been too harsh. Maybe a yellow? Though I understand your ire; after watching Pulisic and the USMNT take several egregious pushes and punches against Panama with no cards given, you're probably eager to give out a few of your own.

Apologizing would be tricky. On the one hand you probably want your job back. On the other hand, your boss sounds like a wiener. May you could move to Germany and teach English instead? Like a Real Pulisic Fan?

Dear RPF,

I woke up trembling last night thinking of Pulisic's first touch on that ball that eventually led to his goal against Panama the other night. The ball was behind him! How did he do that so perfectly? And the second touch? And the third? And then putting it in at that angle before doing a perfect somersault on the ground and celebrating with the kind of ferocity usually reserved for Bengal tigers? I had to take three sedatives and watch an hour of highlight videos just to get back to sleep.

What should I do if it happens again?

--Trembling in Tahoe

Dear TT,

What a coincidence. The same thing happened to me last night, except, like a Real Pulisic Fan, I welcomed these tremors and night sweats. And instead of taking a sedative I watched the goal over and over and over until the sun came up, and then I went in my backyard and screamed at the fence.

Do not fight your Pulisic fandom. It is the only way to become a Real Fan.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian Pulisic injury and the real reason he's so good

Apparently Christian Pulisic is injured. Which I find interesting, because how can you injure someone whose flesh and blood are not of this world? To injure Christian Pulisic you'd have to touch him, and I've seen what happens when defenders try to touch Christian Pulisic. Generally the ball goes through their legs or they fall down or, in the rare cases when they do lay a by comparison leprous arm on him, they concede some kind of free kick in a dangerous era. So I don't know about this supposed shin injury. And if he is injured, I doubt it happened on the pitch. I bet Isak was playing a prank on him or something like that. Maybe Aubameyang. But I'd bet dollars to proverbial donuts he's not actually injured. His presence was of course missed on the field against Wolfsburg yesterday, though his replacement, Jadon Sancho, killed it. I didn't know Jadon Sancho was that good. I'd seen him his first time on the field, but that was only a few minutes. I sinc

A Letter to Allah or Jesus Concerning Christian Pulisic

It's been a long time since I posted anything. The reason for this is because I moved to Guadalajara, Mexico, and things have been kind of weird. I'm barely surviving. I'm teaching English classes for a painfully low amount. And I don't really know how it's going to change in the next few days, though I know something needs to change. BUT JESUS FUCKING SHIT, ENOUGH ABOUT ME, LET'S TALK ABOUT CHRISTIAN FUCKING PULISIC. So, I never talked about this "dunk": Don't forget, Christian Pulisic is 5'8" 😳 (via @cpulisic_10 ) pic.twitter.com/FfQw1kWOGP — Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) January 2, 2018 And the reason I didn't talk about it is because I don't really care. But one thing I will say is that I don't really believe it. Which is a little bit crazy, since Pulisic confirmed in a video the other day that the rim was indeed 10 feet. That's the part I don't really believe. Because it doesn't look like he j

Pulisic Makes Bryan Ruiz Look like a Nerd

Friends, friends, friends. I made it to Germany. I'm drinking instant coffee in my Air Bnb which is just a hop skip and a triple jump away from the illustrious city of Mainz, where Dortmund will be playing next Tuesday. I'm excited. Barring injury (tap on wood; chainsaw), Pulisic SHOULD PLAY IN THIS GAME. He might not start. But he should at least play. Though lately he's been STARTING EVERY DAMN GAME because he's a FUCKING ANIMAL. AHSDJFJADSKFJDASKFJDSFKDSJFKDSJFDKJD. (I don't handle caffeine well). Quick side note: This Air Bnb is amazing. This town is amazing. My German is about an A2/B1 but I've spoken only German since I've gotten here, since the hostess is from Kosovo and doesn't speak English and the other tenant is a Turkish girl whose English is probably about as good as my German but I've been pushing the German pretty hard because I gotta speak it. Other side note: One of my blog posts has over 100 views. Two of them actually. Who