Skip to main content

Will Pulisic start against Apoel Nicosia? and a (fake) quote from Kim Jong Un

Hello all,

And welcome to the Christian Pulisic Show, aka life. If you've ever watched Christian Pulisic play soccer you've realized the following is pretty much true: It's Christian Pulisic's world; we're just living in it.

ANYWAY, I'm here today to talk to you about the upcoming match between BVB and Apoel Nicosia tomorrow. Last time I checked this game had massive worldwide implications, and not just for soccer. It has been reported (it has not been reported in any way) that if Christian Pulisic scores, Kim Jong Un will "dismantle all nuclear weapons and throw a party in which he will sacrifice a goat."

"Also, I'll let Americans come to North Korea visa free," he added.

Meanwhile, Donald Trump tweeted (he absolutely did not tweet), "If Peter Bosz doesn't start Pulisic tomorrow I'm going to talk to Merkel about getting him extradited to the Netherlands. Or maybe to the US so we can take him down to Guantanamo."

Trump was later spotted attempting to do the Macarena.

In all seriousness, Pulisic should start tomorrow, since he didn't start against Leipzig, and that's seemed to have been Bosz's MO, i.e. a little round robin with Maximilian Philipp, Yarmolenko, and our boi. I understand Bosz's conundrum given the dearth of talent, but at some point it's gonna be like, Hey, brother, make up your Dutch-ass mind.

Dortmund are in Cyprus training right now, as evidenced by these photos. ESPN published an article talking about how questions are being asked about Bosz's defensive strategies, and rightfully so. Dortmund has failed so far in any real test, be it in the Bundesliga or in Champions League. They need to win tomorrow to show they're not complete failures, but a win tomorrow won't prove much. To really prove themselves they need to beat Bayern on November 4th and/or Tottenham at home on November 21st. Fail in these contests and Dortmund will be exposed for what they might really be: a slightly-above-average team.

But obviously any team with CP ain't gonna be just slightly above average.

Predictions for tomorrow: Pulisic, Auba and Philipp up top. Kagawa in the midfield somewhere. Toljan getting a chance for redemption in the back.

Score: 2-1 Dortmund. Pulisic with an assist.

Los geht's.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian Pulisic injury and the real reason he's so good

Apparently Christian Pulisic is injured. Which I find interesting, because how can you injure someone whose flesh and blood are not of this world? To injure Christian Pulisic you'd have to touch him, and I've seen what happens when defenders try to touch Christian Pulisic. Generally the ball goes through their legs or they fall down or, in the rare cases when they do lay a by comparison leprous arm on him, they concede some kind of free kick in a dangerous era. So I don't know about this supposed shin injury. And if he is injured, I doubt it happened on the pitch. I bet Isak was playing a prank on him or something like that. Maybe Aubameyang. But I'd bet dollars to proverbial donuts he's not actually injured. His presence was of course missed on the field against Wolfsburg yesterday, though his replacement, Jadon Sancho, killed it. I didn't know Jadon Sancho was that good. I'd seen him his first time on the field, but that was only a few minutes. I sinc

Pulisic Makes Bryan Ruiz Look like a Nerd

Friends, friends, friends. I made it to Germany. I'm drinking instant coffee in my Air Bnb which is just a hop skip and a triple jump away from the illustrious city of Mainz, where Dortmund will be playing next Tuesday. I'm excited. Barring injury (tap on wood; chainsaw), Pulisic SHOULD PLAY IN THIS GAME. He might not start. But he should at least play. Though lately he's been STARTING EVERY DAMN GAME because he's a FUCKING ANIMAL. AHSDJFJADSKFJDASKFJDSFKDSJFKDSJFDKJD. (I don't handle caffeine well). Quick side note: This Air Bnb is amazing. This town is amazing. My German is about an A2/B1 but I've spoken only German since I've gotten here, since the hostess is from Kosovo and doesn't speak English and the other tenant is a Turkish girl whose English is probably about as good as my German but I've been pushing the German pretty hard because I gotta speak it. Other side note: One of my blog posts has over 100 views. Two of them actually. Who

Hey Peter Bosz, play Pulisic in the middle (thoughts on Borussia Dortmund vs. Apoel Nicosia)

This morning I got up to rain and wind here in Seattle. I should've known it was a presage of things to come. I went to the grocery store and had tea and wrote some letters. Basically, I was trying to kill time until 11:45am Pacific time, when Champions League started. And then it started. I'd downloaded Sling TV to be able to watch ESPN 3 and Borussia Dortmund vs. Apoel Nicosia, one of the top Cypriot clubs. The good thing about watching this game was I got to learn the word "Cypriot." The bad thing is it was an absolute abortion. A few times during the first half I actually said, in a loud voice in my living room, "This is an abortion." Other things I said: "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?" -- when Götze, Bartra, Yarmolenko, Toprak, Auba, Pulisic and Kagawa gave away the ball time after time after time. "YOU ARE FUCKING OLD AND SLOW." -- when Yarmolenko could've easily gotten to a ball but was too, well, old and slow "