Skip to main content

Will This Be Jadon Sancho's Last Season in the Bundesliga? Short answer: Yes

Christian Pulisic's former Borussia Dortmund teammate Jadon Sancho is set to have his second break out season in a row, if that's even possible, which it definitely is because that's how good this adult it. I say adult because Jadon Sancho is over the hill at 18 years, nipping at Kylian Mbappes's heels like an Irish Wolfhound for the title of Best Under 20 Footballer (baller) in der Welt.

Jadon Sancho. Do not forget that name. Right now he's toiling in relative obscurity because, let's face it, the Bundesliga is a bit like the minor leagues compared to the Premier League.

But Sancho, of course, will be back (he was once part of Man City), and when he does make it back to the Premier League, stars will explode. This adult's talent is unreal. He grew up literally playing in alleys in London, and it shows in his almost obscene comfortableness on the ball. The way he toys with defenders, as if they were toys. The way he toys with the ball, as if it were a toy. The way he scored goals and makes assists. His first touch is ridiculous but guys, can we talk about something? His second and third touches are ridiculous too.

I would be incredulous if this is not Jadon's last season in the Bundesliga, but I would be surprised if he doesn't finish the season because there's a very good chance Dortmund will win the title this year. But then next year it's probably off to England, where who knows where he'll end up. Maybe he'll end up playing in a little stadium in West London where the players wear blue shirts.

Wouldn't that be nice.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Josh Sargent Slated for First Team Start (and Pulisic injury speculation)

Let's talk about life goals today. Let's talk about Josh Sargent. Let's talk about Christian Pulisic. Let's talk about Weston McKennie. Let's talk about all the Young Americans currently making their presences felt in the Bundesliga. And let's also talk about surfing. I've been following Josh Sargent at Werder Bremen over the past few months, wondering when he'll get his first first team start. He's been lighting shit up on the second team, with five goals in the last seven matches. And then, the other day, this happened: Josh Sargent's goal for Werder's first team today. Courtesy of u/DerUser-X on Reddit. pic.twitter.com/GPYddT1yyR — USMNT Videos (@USMNTvideos) September 8, 2018 No, your eyes do not deceive you. Josh Sargent's first ever (as far as I can tell) goal for the first team at Werder Bremen. Florian Kohfeldt, the Bremen head coach, has been saying for awhile that Josh is getting groomed for his first first team start ...

Christian Pulisic Misses Salzburg Match with Non-Terminal Illness

Dortmund rolled into Salzburg today to compete for a spot in the Europa League Round of 8 conspicuously absent one key player. Looks like Pulisic has flu and Toprak is out with a muscle problem #BVB #FCSBVB https://t.co/9bJfnfO7si — BVB Buzz (@BVBBuzz) March 15, 2018 Christian Pulisic apparently has the flu, which I don't believe, since I don't believe Christian Pulisic gets sick. I mean, Michael Jordan played through the flu before, and I'm not comparing CP to Michael Jordan, but the kid can dunk.  Pulisic: People doubt me, but I can dunk! https://t.co/I8oSqWO7M3 !?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter pic.twitter.com/WSMKf5kZcs — Dave Masters (@davemasters) January 11, 2018 (I dunked once in warm-ups before a rec league basketball game in high school. It was the only time I ever dunked in my illustrious basketball career. Most of the other times I stuck to left-handed layups.) Dortmund played the opposite of good today, which, unless my English fai...

Christian Pulisic injury and the real reason he's so good

Apparently Christian Pulisic is injured. Which I find interesting, because how can you injure someone whose flesh and blood are not of this world? To injure Christian Pulisic you'd have to touch him, and I've seen what happens when defenders try to touch Christian Pulisic. Generally the ball goes through their legs or they fall down or, in the rare cases when they do lay a by comparison leprous arm on him, they concede some kind of free kick in a dangerous era. So I don't know about this supposed shin injury. And if he is injured, I doubt it happened on the pitch. I bet Isak was playing a prank on him or something like that. Maybe Aubameyang. But I'd bet dollars to proverbial donuts he's not actually injured. His presence was of course missed on the field against Wolfsburg yesterday, though his replacement, Jadon Sancho, killed it. I didn't know Jadon Sancho was that good. I'd seen him his first time on the field, but that was only a few minutes. I sinc...