Skip to main content

Time to Cry: Pulisic Set to Not Play Against Hannover 96


Hello, Pulisic fans, and welcome back to the Christian Pulisic Blog, Straight Outta Hershey. This is the most award-winning Christian Pulisic blog on the planet, keeping in mind that it's never won any awards and also that it's the only Christian Pulisic blog on the planet. Thank you all for your wonderful support. Let's get down to business.

Christian Pulisic is not playing against Hannover today. I repeat: CP is not playing. If you haven't already wept because of this news, I'll give you a few moment to do so. The reason he's not playing are apparent "muscular problems." I have no idea what this means. Did he pull a muscle? Did he tear a muscle? Does he have shin splints? I can't really imagine any scenario in which Christian himself would say, "Look, guys, my hammy kinda hurts, so I don't think I should play." I can only imagine him not playing is the work of machinations springing from the coaching staff, and possibly bent on ensuring my sadness.

Either way, I'm going to watch the game today. Does this mean I'm a true Dortmund fan? Sort of. I like Jadon Sancho. I like Marco Reus. Hell, I even like Mario Gotze now that he doesn't seem quite as slow and bad as he seemed last year. It also behooves the CP fan to root for Dortmund regardless of whether or not CP plays, since it will be much more exciting and fulfilling to watch CP play for a Dortmund that's actually good, instead of one that struggled as hard as it did last year.

That said, will I go to any games this year? The answer? Probably. I've already got my sights set on the Dortmund Monaco game in Monaco in December. Mostly because Monaco is sick. I went there a last year and enjoyed walking the winding streets, seeing the fancy cars, looking down at the blue waters of the Mediterranean.

But enough about me. How did CP play against Leipzig in the first game of the season? Answer: Not that well. In fact, the "penalty" he drew that set up Marco Reus's freekick goal looked like an outright dive. I don't want Christian Pulisic to be a diver. There is almost nothing in this world I less want.  But to really confirm that I'd have to watch the footage again from multiple angles and in slow motion. In real time it looked like a legit foul. But in the replays....

So there you have it, Pulisic fans. The Straight Outta Hershey blog is back. A new Bundesliga season is upon us. And you can find me here, every step of the way, supporting cha boi. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Josh Sargent Slated for First Team Start (and Pulisic injury speculation)

Let's talk about life goals today. Let's talk about Josh Sargent. Let's talk about Christian Pulisic. Let's talk about Weston McKennie. Let's talk about all the Young Americans currently making their presences felt in the Bundesliga. And let's also talk about surfing. I've been following Josh Sargent at Werder Bremen over the past few months, wondering when he'll get his first first team start. He's been lighting shit up on the second team, with five goals in the last seven matches. And then, the other day, this happened: Josh Sargent's goal for Werder's first team today. Courtesy of u/DerUser-X on Reddit. pic.twitter.com/GPYddT1yyR — USMNT Videos (@USMNTvideos) September 8, 2018 No, your eyes do not deceive you. Josh Sargent's first ever (as far as I can tell) goal for the first team at Werder Bremen. Florian Kohfeldt, the Bremen head coach, has been saying for awhile that Josh is getting groomed for his first first team start ...

Christian Pulisic injury and the real reason he's so good

Apparently Christian Pulisic is injured. Which I find interesting, because how can you injure someone whose flesh and blood are not of this world? To injure Christian Pulisic you'd have to touch him, and I've seen what happens when defenders try to touch Christian Pulisic. Generally the ball goes through their legs or they fall down or, in the rare cases when they do lay a by comparison leprous arm on him, they concede some kind of free kick in a dangerous era. So I don't know about this supposed shin injury. And if he is injured, I doubt it happened on the pitch. I bet Isak was playing a prank on him or something like that. Maybe Aubameyang. But I'd bet dollars to proverbial donuts he's not actually injured. His presence was of course missed on the field against Wolfsburg yesterday, though his replacement, Jadon Sancho, killed it. I didn't know Jadon Sancho was that good. I'd seen him his first time on the field, but that was only a few minutes. I sinc...

Indigestion, Weston McKennie Is a God, and Torn Calf Fibers

Hello friends and lovers, And welcome to another rambling post from yours truly, Mark Thomas, dictator for life here at Straight Outta Hershey, the only damn blog in the damn universe dedicated to the one and only Christian Pulisic. So I'm sitting in my Airbnb in Vienna, Austria right now, drinking a Turkish tea that the girl whose apartment this is made. Of course it's making me feel nauseous since I'm drinking it on an empty stomach. And now I've just switched the keyboard over to US English, which means the y and z keys are back where they're supposed to be, and this is contributing to my upset stomach. To top it all off I have dandruff. And my stomach is messed up from a weird doner I ate the other day. Or possibly some Tom Kha Gai soup. I'm not sure which one. But I'm in Vienna, and today I start level B1.2 of my intensive German course. Hell yeah. Intensive German. I hope there are some cuties in my class. I've sent about 20 messages on okcu...