Skip to main content

Cha Boi Like to Score Dem Goal Whey He Slice 'N Dice

I know what a lot of you are thinking. You're thinking: Damn, cha boi hasn't scored in a bit. I mean, yeah, he scored against Stuttgart a couple games ago, but that doesn't really count because he wasn't trying. When he gonna do one a dem goals where he dice dem fools den put dee ball in dee back o' dee net?

And I'm like, totally.


But let's also be honest: Christian Pulisic, as his mortal name goes, hasn't really ever done one of dem goals where he dices fools up and beats a bunch of people and then puts the ball in the back of the net. Usually, after he dices fools, he passes, or misses. But one day, ONE DAY, that slice and dice, amazing dribble run goal will happen. It's the law of averages. It's Murphy's Law. It's the law of attrition. It's the long arm of the law. And maybe -- maybe -- it will happen today against Bayer Leverkusen.

I'm not going to lie to you folks because, even though I lie constantly, I rarely like when it comes to Borussia Dortmund and Christian Pulisic. But I will say this: I don't know jack shit about Bayer Leverkusen. I know they have a Jamaican kid who like to slice and/or dice, but that's all I know. I know they're from the same general part of Germany that Dortmund is. I know they're in contention for a Champions League spot.



I also know I'm gonna be streaming the shit out of this game using the VPN service Tunnel Bear, because I can log into my parents' Xfinity account from Peru, but I gotta have an American IP address, and Tunnel Bear makes this possible. So thank you technology. Thank you Germany. Thank you Jamaica. Thank you Christian Pulisic. Maybe the football gods be with you today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Josh Sargent Slated for First Team Start (and Pulisic injury speculation)

Let's talk about life goals today. Let's talk about Josh Sargent. Let's talk about Christian Pulisic. Let's talk about Weston McKennie. Let's talk about all the Young Americans currently making their presences felt in the Bundesliga. And let's also talk about surfing. I've been following Josh Sargent at Werder Bremen over the past few months, wondering when he'll get his first first team start. He's been lighting shit up on the second team, with five goals in the last seven matches. And then, the other day, this happened: Josh Sargent's goal for Werder's first team today. Courtesy of u/DerUser-X on Reddit. pic.twitter.com/GPYddT1yyR — USMNT Videos (@USMNTvideos) September 8, 2018 No, your eyes do not deceive you. Josh Sargent's first ever (as far as I can tell) goal for the first team at Werder Bremen. Florian Kohfeldt, the Bremen head coach, has been saying for awhile that Josh is getting groomed for his first first team start ...

Christian Pulisic Misses Salzburg Match with Non-Terminal Illness

Dortmund rolled into Salzburg today to compete for a spot in the Europa League Round of 8 conspicuously absent one key player. Looks like Pulisic has flu and Toprak is out with a muscle problem #BVB #FCSBVB https://t.co/9bJfnfO7si — BVB Buzz (@BVBBuzz) March 15, 2018 Christian Pulisic apparently has the flu, which I don't believe, since I don't believe Christian Pulisic gets sick. I mean, Michael Jordan played through the flu before, and I'm not comparing CP to Michael Jordan, but the kid can dunk.  Pulisic: People doubt me, but I can dunk! https://t.co/I8oSqWO7M3 !?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter pic.twitter.com/WSMKf5kZcs — Dave Masters (@davemasters) January 11, 2018 (I dunked once in warm-ups before a rec league basketball game in high school. It was the only time I ever dunked in my illustrious basketball career. Most of the other times I stuck to left-handed layups.) Dortmund played the opposite of good today, which, unless my English fai...

Christian Pulisic injury and the real reason he's so good

Apparently Christian Pulisic is injured. Which I find interesting, because how can you injure someone whose flesh and blood are not of this world? To injure Christian Pulisic you'd have to touch him, and I've seen what happens when defenders try to touch Christian Pulisic. Generally the ball goes through their legs or they fall down or, in the rare cases when they do lay a by comparison leprous arm on him, they concede some kind of free kick in a dangerous era. So I don't know about this supposed shin injury. And if he is injured, I doubt it happened on the pitch. I bet Isak was playing a prank on him or something like that. Maybe Aubameyang. But I'd bet dollars to proverbial donuts he's not actually injured. His presence was of course missed on the field against Wolfsburg yesterday, though his replacement, Jadon Sancho, killed it. I didn't know Jadon Sancho was that good. I'd seen him his first time on the field, but that was only a few minutes. I sinc...